Friday, December 10, 2010

Colins Run on 12/9/2010

Greetings!
I have never taken my flip camera skiing so I thought I would give it a shot. My son Colin and I played hookie yesterday afternoon after his doctors appointment. I usually get out there in the morning and I'm done by noon. The snow conditions were beautiful in the afternoon but BOY was it cold at the top of the mountain. We had to warm up in the Schwendi Hutte and I ran into Geoff Oulette who was training at High Country with the Plymouth State and New Hampton race teams. He said it was bitter bitter cold at the top and the wind was pretty intense at times. It was super cold, but nothing a hot chocolate couldn't cure. We took about 4 runs, started out going Upper Bobby's to the lower part of Tyler and down to the last part of Old Tecumseh. This run that I videoed of Colin was from White Caps to Terry's Trail to Lower Tyler to Lower Old Tecumseh. Colin is in BBTS this year for the first time... and I'm amazed how much more confident he is on his skiis and it's only been 2 weekends! Other BBTS Dads have told me that he'll be out skiing me by the end of the year, and I believe it. One of the reasons I wanted to put him in the program was so he could get great instruction from coaches with experience teaching kids. I can ski, but I can't teach skiing. I'm really looking forward to more days of fun on the slopes with my son... who can now keep up and loves to ski! These new flip cameras will make it very easy to monitor his progress throughout the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment